About Dynamic Structures:
Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Structures, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We work with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see your designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provide ample opportunities for professional growth. We are always looking for creative technical minds and passionate souls to join us in creating our engineering feats. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of the position:
Dynamic Structures is looking for 2 Senior Structural Designers. The Senior Structural Designer is responsible for conceptual and detailed designing and modeling of structures and components using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD. The designs are to meet safety, functionality & manufacturability requirements.
- Using Autodesk Inventor, model and produce fabrication drawings.
- Ensure fabrication drawings contain accurate bills of materials, material specifications, technical data, illustrations and presentations to enable the correct manufacture, assembly, installation, and testing of equipment.
- Coordinate with our Engineers to implement Engineering design concept through the preparation and production of drawings and schematics of structural systems for amusement park rides.
- Maintain complete and accurate project records, including design reviews, computer files, drawing files, correspondence, NCRs/ICNs, etc.
- Provide time estimates for scheduling and bidding purposes.
- Coordinate with other internal teams (Quality, Production, etc.) to ensure drawing integrity and completeness.
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time and on-budget project completion.
- Apply QA requirements and process specifications as required.
- Meet project requirements and budget through use of ISO 9001 registered Design Control process.
- Assist in other related tasks and projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Technical diploma or higher.
- 15+ years of current experience in design of structural and/or structural projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Autodesk Inventor to both model and produce shop drawings.
- Individuals with Solidworks or Pro-E experience instead of Autodesk Inventor may be considered.
- Strong geometry and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with AWS D1.1
- Extensive knowledge of structural steel drawings and construction concepts and the ability to read and apply pertinent codes and standards.
- Knowledge of local and international steel design codes.
- Working knowledge of Vault database.
- Knowledge of configuration baselines, QA requirements and process specifications.
- Ability to work independently, within a team and/or lead a team of designers.
- Ability to multi-task on several concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of office software tools (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.