Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Structures, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We work with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. We are always looking for creative technical minds and passionate souls to join us in creating our engineering feats. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of the position:
Dynamic Structures is looking for an Intermediate to Senior Industrial Engineer to take ownership over the consolidation of multiple facilities. This position reports to the VP Ride Systems Manufacturing & Procurement and will be responsible for implementing and maintaining best business practices for plant/office floor layouts and process flows.
- Own the consolidation of multiple facilities, including production floor layout and office arrangements;
- Create and maintain continuous improvement of process and material flows, space optimization, production and FAT locations;
- Create and maintain capacity and headcount models and costed BOM for multiple projects;
- Develop and maintain manufacturing routes for maximizing space, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Review and support continuous improvement of production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information related to manufacturing of products;
- Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure products meet quality standards while minimizing production problems and costs;
- Confer and work with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Production, Quality, etc.) on product specifications, supply chain processes, manufacturing capabilities, and status of projects;
- Develop management control systems to aid informed financial planning and cost analysis;
- Lead the order-to-delivery process development and implementation;
- Other duties as required;
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years as an Industrial Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer in a similar Engineering and Manufacturing environment;
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field;
- Six Sigma and Lean Certification required;
- Experience with business process engineering and manufacturing system engineering
- Experience with ERP system implementation
- Experience with design for manufacturing (DFM) and for cost, logistic, installation and commissioning (DFX);
- Experience with high-level process flow (PFD), detail process step, PFMEA, control plan, SFWI and/or build-sheet development;
- Experience with iPDS implementation;
- Experience with process development/optimization, process flow simulation, and production floor layouts;
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to persuade thinking and gain acceptance on complex and critical issues;
- Ability to work with multiple parties and stakeholders in an ambiguous environment with changing and competing demands;
- Strong computer and MS Office skills: MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint; AutoCAD Inventor knowledge required
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.