Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Structures, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We work with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. We are always looking for creative technical minds and passionate souls to join us in creating our engineering feats. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of Position
The Server Specialist/Network Administrator maintains a reliable, secure and efficient computing network of the company. This role is responsible for identifying network requirements, installing upgrades, monitoring network performance, and performing trouble-shooting and network maintenance as required to ensure smooth network operations.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Network Administration role
- Hands-on experience in the following:
- Network performance tuning
- LAN knowledge
- Network design and implementation
- Load balancing and scalability
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPNs remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution. Specific experience with the following is required:
- PaloAlto Firewall and gateway services
- Specific experience with the following is an asset:
- HP DL380 Gen8
- HP MSA2012 SANS
- Deployments – System wide
- Trend Micro Security
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Excellent phone, email and desk-side etiquette.