Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Structures, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We work with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. We are always looking for creative technical minds and passionate souls to join us in creating our engineering feats. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of Position
The Technical Support Specialist is an exceptional communicator who plays vital role in configuring computer systems, diagnosing software problems, and providing personalized technical support to internal users. The successful candidate has a strong analytical skill set and is able to problem-solve and troubleshoot IT and computer systems issues to maintain smooth IT and systems operations of the company.
- Serve as the initial point of contact to support internal customer requests, analyze problems and escalate issues when necessary;
- Log incidents and end user requests, identify recurring problems, and provide necessary workarounds, fixes, and solutions;
- Evaluate system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs;
- Evaluate expansions or enhancements by studying work load and capacity of computer system;
- Achieve computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data, identifying and evaluating options, and recommending a course of action;
- Confirm program objectives and specifications by testing new programs, comparing programs with established standards, and making modifications;
- Improve existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications, evaluating proposed changes, recommending changes, and making modifications;
- Evaluate vendor-supplied software by studying user objectives and testing software compatibility with existing hardware and programs;
- Prepare and deploy software and hardware into production;
- Maximize use of hardware and software by training users and acting as a resource for user questions;
- Maintain system capability by testing computer components;
- Prepare reference for users by writing operating instructions;
- Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions;
- Maintain client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing hands-on customer service and technical support;
- Good knowledge of troubleshooting, computers, software, mobile devices, networks and operating systems (e.g., Windows, OS X, iOS and Android);
- Good knowledge of centralized desktop management technologies for imaging, software deployment and configuration;
- Excellent phone, email and desk-side etiquette;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in tracking and documenting issues via a helpdesk system;
- Proven ability to investigate and analyze information to derive solutions to problems;
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Microsoft Products – Server, Office, Exchange etc
- Apple MacBooks, iPads, etc
- Autodesk – Inventor/AutoCad/Vault/Fusion360
- Rockwell Products
- VoIP – Voxter System