Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Structures, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We work with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. We are always looking for creative technical minds and passionate souls to join us in creating our engineering feats. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of Position
The Programmer creates secure and functional coding solutions for the applications and operating systems of the company. The successful candidate has keen attention to detail with the ability to design and write clean codes to support the operating needs of the company.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client;
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic;
- Encodes project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language;
- Formulate program specifications and basic prototypes;
- Transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language;
- Integrate individual software solutions to higher level systems;
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes;
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions;
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions;
- Test code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary;
- Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient;
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential;
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
Other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Programmer role
- Experienced in the following:
- Software algorithm design
- Software performance tuning
- Software documentation and testing
- Software debugging
- Demonstrated experience in creating code, discovering and fixing errors in code
- Excellent phone, email and desk-side etiquette;
- Experience with PDM/PLM/ERP integration and maintenance
- Ability to program in the following languages:
- Hands-on experience with the following is an asset:
- Crystal Reports
- CAD – Inventor/AutoCad/Vault/Fusion360