About Dynamic Structures:
Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Structures, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We collaborate with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of Position:
Our Supply Chain team is in need of an Expeditor to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials between departments in order to meet production schedules. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this role will have a clear project focus and will support the Supply Chain function to help achieve objectives required to aid economically sound production of existing and new product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record, maintain, and update accurate supplier information in the supplier database;
- Compile and maintain materials and parts inventory and status information to ensure on time delivery to the production line and zero downtime;
- Understand and ensure supplier’s adherence to the company’s policies, procedures, terms, and conditions;
- Monitor weekly and monthly receipt flow. Partner with Logistics team to ensure sufficient flow to meet business demands and production schedules;
- Work closely with the Logistics team to expedite transfer and delivery of materials and parts inventory from stock area to production areas;
- Deliver materials and parts inventory to appropriate locations and parties;
- Continuous communication with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve overdue materials and parts;
- ERP system maintenance;
- Work with suppliers on implementing and improving value-added services by means of stocking programs, JIT / KanBan systems, vendor-managed inventory programs, etc.
- Develop relationships with existing vendors to improve lead time, quality, and service;
- Continuous optimization of processes in order to increase efficiency of the Supply Chain function.
Skills and Requirements:
- Completion of a diploma or certificate in Purchasing Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent is preferred;
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain operations within steel manufacturing and production operations;
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams;
- Ability to attend to details while keeping big-picture goals in mind;
- Proficiency in MS Excel including experience with pivot tables and formulas;
- Experience working with Fabtrol and Filemaker;
- Knowledge of purchasing standards, policies, procedures and strategies, procurement strategies, supply management philosophy and techniques;
- Outstanding multitasking and time management skills ;
- The drive and dedication to succeed in a fast-paced, high volume environment