About Dynamic Structures:
Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Structures, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We work with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. We are always looking for creative technical minds and passionate souls to join us in creating our engineering feats. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of the position:
We are looking to add a new manufacturing test engineers to the Dynamic Structures team to focus on developing Factory Acceptance Test and In Process Test.. The manufacturing test engineer will develop and improve manufacturing processes in each of these areas of specialization by reviewing current practices, applying best practices and getting required buy-in from all relevant stakeholders. Standard operating procedures will be created by the manufacturing engineer for their area and they will be responsible for planning appropriate workflow and training for the production team members to maximize efficiency, quality and repeatability.
- Design, develop, implement and troubleshoot new and existing manufacturing processes.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Specify, procure, commission and qualify new equipment/processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Identify and justify CAPEX projects to improve manufacturing capability, yields, productivity and capacity.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Manage released drawings, shop floor work instruction/build sheets, process flow, plant layouts, material handling and quality control system
- Design, specify, commission and qualify tools, jigs and fixtures.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Manufacturing ideally
- Demonstrated experience with Lean & Six Sigma - certification preferred
- 5-10 years as Manufacturing Test Engineer in heavy industrial manufacturing and/or electro-mechanical manufacturing
- Solid coding and modeling experience with Labview and Matlab
- Demonstrated successful track records in transferring design and customer requirements to manufacturing test plan
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implemented Integrated Plant Data System
- In depth knowledge and experience with APQP elements such as PFD, PFMEA, Control Plan
- Experience in process design and continuous improvement using tools and methodologies such as QFD, FMEA, DOE, SPC, MSA and Error Proofing
- Experience in tooling design
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complexity,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills