Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Structures, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We work with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We collaborate with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. We are always looking for creative technical minds and passionate souls to join us in creating our engineering feats. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of the position:
Reporting to the VP Ride Systems Manufacturing & Procurement, the Manager of the Manufacturing Engineering and Development (ME&D) team will drive the vision of being a manufacturing center of excellence within Dynamic. This is a newly created position and team to help manage company growth and complexity of projects and products. The Manager ME&D will lead a team of manufacturing and industrial engineers, a business analyst and planning functions to plan, organize, and direct the manufacturing work to meet engineering standards, safety, cost, quality, and on-time delivery objectives. The Manager, ME&D will set and achieve meaningful Key Performance Indicators with the team that drive increased efficiency and throughput while decreasing cost. This individual will also lead an Industrial Engineer in assessing our space requirements and set up for maximum productivity and ergonomics.
- Provide strong team leadership to drive high engagement, performance and professional growth;
- Provide manufacturing performance data by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing production data and trends. Reduce cost and waste by studying operations and leading process and design improvement studies. Drive process control and certification activities at manufacturing sites;
- Work closely with Design Engineering to incorporate best practices and Design for Manufacturability principles from the onset of a new product. Participate in the design review process and drive entry-in-service related manufacturing activities;
- Identify need for new processes and technologies that improve process efficiency. Execute lean initiatives and drives world-class manufacturing processes;
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting manufacturing engineering requirements; preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions;
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining World Class, Lean , TPM, Quality processes, and other advanced manufacturing methodologies and systems;
- Increasing productivity through the support and leadership of people, processes and technology;
- Ensure production equipment is capable and has capacity for growth - this involves integrating equipment, people, material flow systems, and information systems;
- Develop and maintain in process quality control systems to ensure product quality;
- Drive continuous improvement in labor costs through waste reduction, production efficiency, and operations improvement;
- Develop strategies. Implement and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture of printed circuit boards and sub-assemblies;
- Responsible for maintaining and improving all factory processes and related metrics: production efficiency, cycle times, capacity, capabilities and others as needed;
- Provide leadership to technical personnel to ensure ongoing product & process improvements to meet quality, CPI, CI and production goals;
- Provide direction to technical support as required for critical process and product issues;
- Ability to design processes, evaluate results and drive solutions to improve the processes;
- Work closely with production and support teams as required;
- Develop and support new manufacturing processes;
- Lead both NPI engineering and related functions to provide input and technical customer support in product design (DFX);
- Analyze system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of a project and development plan;
- Determine capital equipment needs & development of the budget process for equipment, training, software, and equipment installation projects;
- Prepare procedures, reports, and plans;
- Other reasonable duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Manufacturing ideally;
- Lean & Six Sigma Green or Back Belt;
- 5-10 years as manufacturing leader in heavy industrial manufacturing and/or electro-mechanical assembly;
- Demonstrated ability to elevate operational performance by leading the team through continuous improvement;
- In-depth knowledge and experience with APQP elements such as PFD, PFMEA, and Control Plan;
- Experience in process design and continuous improvement using tools and methodologies such as QFD, FMEA, DOE, SPC, MSA and Error Proofing;
- Experience in both project and new product development environments;
- Metrics-driven and a solid decision maker.