About Dynamic Structures:
Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Structures, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We collaborate with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of the position:
We are in need of intermediate- to senior-level Production Engineering /Supplier Development Technologists to provide technical support to ensure designs from engineering are manufacturable, transportable and cost effective. This role is a member of the Supply Chain department and is also responsible for issuing RFQ’s and Purchase Orders for all sublet parts and assemblies.
- Review, coordinate and support sublet machining, fabricating and manufacturing activities;
- Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes;
- Assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment;
- Ensure suppliers are able to meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery of components and requirements for TS 16949, ISO 14001 and other applicable customer and internal system and reputation requirements;
- Act as consultant and coach the Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering and procurement organizations to drive cost effective improvements, waste minimization, new product introduction, and product design improvement across Quality and Manufacturing processes;
- Specify and develop product acceptance/test procedures that relate to a complex process (state-of-the-art) or highly complex product;
- Lead the solution for supplier component concerns, driving Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), customer interaction and supplier interaction;
- Carry out new supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP);
- Assist with new product launch by working with suppliers to ensure key milestones are achieved;
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is able to meet product and process requirements;
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to supplier sourcing and development with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery;
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers with development of test procedures and test reports;
- Assist first article commissioning, systems integration, and technical support;
- Assist development of installation procedures;
- Assist development of operation, maintenance and training manuals;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in machining, fabrication and assembly;
- Diploma or higher in a related field;
- Demonstrated ability and drive to execute under pressure and a tight timeline is critical;
- Demonstrated experience in trouble shooting and testing of complex mechanical systems;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of MS Office and basic business software. Experience with Microsoft Project an asset;
- Experience in ISO or equivalent quality management system;
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.