About Dynamic Structures:
Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Structures, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We collaborate with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of Position:
The Shipper makes sure there is prompt and accurate shipment of goods. Shipments must be prepared in accordance with company or client needs, for which there must be detailed knowledge of proper shipping techniques, procedures, and documentation. Key performance indicators for this role include, but are not limited to: timeliness of shipments, accuracy of shipments, organized record-keeping of shipments, and a solutions-oriented mentality.
The Shipper will also support the Supply Chain team with other duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare accurate shipping documents and ensure shipments are filled promptly and correctly;
- Ensure shipping is completed according to required schedules and timelines;
- Create and foster positive relationships with external groups, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinating and continuous communication with couriers regarding shipment set-ups, delivery instructions and estimated delivery expectations;
- Actively working with transport companies and customs brokers to accurately and promptly complete inbound and outbound shipments;
- Create and foster positive relationships with internal groups, including, but not limited to:
- Working closely with other departments to obtain information and products required for shipments;
- Continuous communication with Project Managers and other departments on shipment status and timelines. Alert stakeholders immediately of any deviations from schedule;
- Ensuring FINAL inspection is completed by Quality Control prior to shipment;
- Assisting other members of the Supply Chain team as required.
- Verify if special handling and storage instructions apply to particular shipments;
- Ensure all products are tagged or marked with appropriate assembly and/or mark numbers and that appropriate and accurate documentation is enclosed for each item or package;
- Prepare and pack small shipments in accordance with shipping requirements. Coordinate with yard crew for larger packing requirements;
- Maintain, follow, and continuously improve packaging practices to conform with project, client, and company requirements;
- Maintain detailed and organized files of shipped products. Maintain detailed photo records of all shipped products, packages, and loading;
- Ensure the work environment is safe and clean and that company assets and inventories are clean, well-maintained, and properly handled;
- Understand and follow Health & Safety requirements;
- Order (through Department Supervisor) shipping supplies and materials;
- For damaged inbound shipments, work with Receiver, Buyer, and transport company to initiate and resolve any damage claims. Photo and document records to be maintained;
- For damaged outbound shipments, work with Project Manager and transport company to initiate and resolve any damage claims. Photo and document records to be maintained;
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Completion of a degree or diploma in a related field is an asset;
- 3-5 years’ experience in Shipping/Receiving in a manufacturing environment ;
- Self-starter with the drive to take ownership of tasks from inception to resolution is required;
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and exceptional organization skills are required to be successful in this role;
- Knowledge of and continuous improvement of Shipping/Receiving standards, policies, and procedures;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Outstanding multitasking and time-management skills
- Experience working with Fabtrol and Filemaker will be an asset;
- The drive and dedication to succeed in a fast-paced, high volume environment