About Dynamic :
Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We collaborate with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you be an integral part of our success; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of Position:
This is a full-time temporary position for a 6 month period. There is a possibility for extension depending on business needs.
Our Supply Chain team is in need of 2 Purchasing Clerks to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials between departments in order to meet production schedules. . This role will have a clear project focus and will support the Supply Chain function to help achieve objectives required to aid economically sound production of existing and new product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain continuous communication and follow-up with suppliers and vendors to expedite parts and inventory purchasing;
- Record, maintain, and update accurate supplier information in the supplier database;
- Compile and maintain materials and parts inventory and status information to ensure on time delivery to the production line and zero downtime;
- Understand and ensure supplier’s adherence to the company’s policies, procedures, terms, and conditions;
- Monitor weekly and monthly receipt flow. Partner with Logistics team to ensure sufficient flow to meet business demands and production schedules;
- Work closely with the Logistics team to expedite transfer and delivery of materials and parts inventory from stock area to production areas;
- Deliver materials and parts inventory to appropriate locations and parties;
- Continuous communication with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve overdue materials and parts;
- ERP system maintenance;
- Develop relationships with existing vendors to improve lead time, quality, and service;
- Continuous optimization of processes in order to increase efficiency of the Supply Chain function.
Skills and Requirements:
- Previous experience in Supply Chain operations within steel manufacturing and production operations is preferred;
- Previous administrative experience requiring high volume of phone and email communication with external parties;
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to maintain friendly relations while being firm;
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams;
- Ability to attend to details while keeping big-picture goals in mind;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Experience working with Fabtrol and Filemaker is an asset;
- Outstanding multitasking and time management skills ;
- The drive and dedication to succeed in a fast-paced, high volume environment