Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic, our motto is “Anything you can dream, we can build” and we are regularly put to the test.
We work with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see your designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provide ample opportunities for professional growth. We are always looking for creative technical minds and passionate souls to join us in creating our engineering feats. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of the Position:
Dynamic Attractions is looking for an intermediate to senior level Electrical/Controls Engineer to join us at this exciting time as we continue to grow our Electrical/Controls function.
In this role, you will have a strong focus on the planning and execution of on-site commissioning for our ride systems, which may include extended periods of travel to perform hands-on commissioning at project sites. As Dynamic Attractions continue to expand, you will have the opportunity to grow alongside by leading the continuous improvement and implementation of our Electrical/Controls commissioning processes and contributing to the research and development of our ride systems.
You will also contribute to the design and development of electrical and control systems, including but not limited to conceptual, preliminary and critical design and testing of electrical systems, electronics, controls and software.
- Lead the long-term planning and hands-on execution of our rides systems’ on-site electrical and controls commissioning;
- Define, develop, and continuously improve Electrical/Controls commissioning processes;
- Prepare and support design, production and assembly, and integration and testing of electrical components and integrated systems, including field visits as required;
- Provide support in the building, testing and evaluation of prototypes and limited production items;
- Prepare and review content of technical documents (e.g., product manuals and training manuals);
- Coordinate and supervise electrical, controls and software engineering contractors;
- Design and draft electrical assembly and schematics drawings for fabrication;
- Participate in the continuing research and development of new and existing systems or products;
- Other duties as required to contribute to company objectives for our stakeholders.
Fundamental Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of Electrical Engineering (specializing in Power, Controls, and/or Electronics) with direct experience in the design and development of electrical systems;
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in Electrical Engineering;
- Registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT), Professional Engineer (P.Eng), or eligible for registration;
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD software to design and create electrical drawings;
- Demonstrated ability to work with small to medium multi-disciplined project teams;
- Demonstrated ability to execute under pressure and tight timeline;
- Demonstrated ability to root cause and resolve issues related to hardware or software.
- A willingness and desire for continuous learning;
- Willingness for extended periods of international travel to project sites, and hold a valid passport;
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
- Excellent management, organization and planning skills with high attention to detail.
- Well-versed in electrical standards (e.g., ASTM F24, IEEE, NEC, EN13814, etc.) and safety standards (e.g., EN/ISO 13849, EN/IEC 62061, etc.);
- Experience in project engineering, specifically system engineering:
- Work breakdown structure
- Theory of Operation
- Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree, etc.
- Requirements and Risk Management
- FMEA and FMECA
- Agile development processes
- Knowledge of multimedia systems such as:
- Augmented reality
- Lighting control systems (DMX)
- Familiarity with the following software:
- AutoDesk Vault
- Visio (for Controls Systems Flowcharts)