Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before?
We collaborate with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you play an integral part of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you.
Overview of the position:
The Inventory Materials Handler keeps our parts and inventory organized, safe and clean. This role is responsible for the receiving, stocking, and distribution of parts and materials in our production facility. This role requires knowledge over all aspects of the receiving function and understanding of processes and operations in a steel fabrication facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading of parts and materials;
- Receive, stock, and distribute parts and materials in accordance with safety requirements;
- Inspect and verify received parts and materials to ensure good condition;
- Log and document receipt and distribution of parts and materials;
- Sort, count, and label parts and materials to ensure accurate tracking and easy locating of inventory;
- Determine and implement most efficient and safe storage of inventory;
- Examine and inspect stocked items for wear or defects. Work proactively with appropriate Supply Chain personnel to address damage and defects;
- Maintain cleanliness of inventory area and ensure area is safe and hazard-free;
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives to ensure a safe working environment;
- Lifting objects weighing up to 35 pounds
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience performing inventory handling and stocking in a Manufacturing Shipping/Receiving environment;
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and in a timely manner;
- Ability to take direction well and work in both an individual and team setting;
- Excellent customer service with internal customers. Respond promptly to customer needs;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Outstanding multitasking and time management skills;
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written;
- The drive and dedication to succeed in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Experience working with Fabtrol and Filemaker is an asset;