Do you like interesting creative challenges and cutting-edge technology? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before?
We collaborate with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and build world-class multi-media rides and have also been involved with more than half of the telescope observatory enclosures on Earth. We work with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process; you’ll be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of Position:
Our Manufacturing team is in need of a Production Planner to establish methods, sequence and timeframe of manufacturing operations in order to meet project requirements. The Production Planner reviews contract delivery requirements, shipping needs, plant capacity and inventory before creating schedules.
This role reports to the Manager of Production Planning and Control and will be responsible for the production schedule to ensure we deliver multiple concurrent projects through production on time and on budget. This role works in conjunction with the Project, Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams to achieve objectives required to aid economically sound production of existing and new product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate production workflow for multiple concurrent projects in different stages of production;
- Produce detailed production schedules and communicate to all stakeholders proactively;
- Participate in the development of a work order system and its implementation;
- Create, distribute, collect and close work orders from newly created system;
- Coordinate with Purchasing team to ensure materials are on hand;
- Maintain a consistent presence on the shop floor to stay informed of progress and issues;
- Plan and prioritize Supply Chain and Production operations to ensure maximum efficiency and zero downtime;
- Monitor and maintain resource and workload forecast, and optimize resource planning and usage, including ensuring cell workload is appropriately loaded
- Maintain the weekly plan on the white boards
- Work with Purchasing and associated tools (Fabtrol and Filemaker) to ensure proper utilization of materials
- Monitor projects to ensure progress against schedule and budget. Identify, in advance, potential areas of delay and work with team to deliver a resolution;
- Prepare, maintain, and submit project status and performance reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- Completion of a diploma or certificate in operations or production related area
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in production planning and scheduling within planner and/or scheduler in a matrix project and/or production environment
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams;
- Ability to attend to details while keeping big-picture goals in mind;
- Excellent proficiency in MS Excel including experience with pivot tables and formulas;
- Experience working ERP/MRP; having worked with Fabtrol and Filemaker are a plus;
- Outstanding multitasking and time management skills;
- The drive and dedication to succeed in a fast-paced, high volume environment